The tutorial of how I achieve watercolor effect in Sai! :) I highly recommend using real watercolor paintings (your own or ones found on the internet) as reference.
And here you can find a few useful links:
- You can download the Sai file of this picture here: link
- Video process of painting another picture: link
- The old watercolor tutorial: link
- Sai brushes (none of them is made by me) link + file you need to open them in Sai: link
- Awesome watercolor brushes made by Kyle T Webster: link
Here’s the finished painting: link
I made a bunch of Paint Tool SAI brushes :>
- Feather brush creates a realistic feather look; with the right brush thickness, every stroke will look like a feather.
- Scratched brush has a slightly grungy look.
- I’m a big fan of this one. Crosshatch brush creates a nice rough pastel-on-paper look.
- Cloud brush was made from actual clouds I photographed during my vacation. Use it knowing it is an exquisite imported good.
- Desert brush has a gritty/sandy texture.
I recommend using them on the Acrylic preset on SAI.
"Space is big. Really big. You just won’t believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is.”
So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
The first one is from may of 2010 and the second is from today, 4 years later.
A Gria and a Viera from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2.
i’d like to give credit to the makers of some brushes/textures ive used. so if any of you use Paint Tool Sai, these are really great 10/10 recommendedinstallation is pretty simple but i did have some issues. i spent a few hours getting to know sai & fixed the problems i was having, so i can answer questions if anyone has them :)
Cats Don’t Dance (1997)
An allegory for racial discrimination and lack of representation in media, Cats Don’t Dance is an underrated cartoon musical made by Warner Brothers. The story is about a young, poor, naive cat named Danny who moves to Hollywood to fulfill his dream of becoming a star, only to realize that animals aren’t given the same treatment as humans are, and his idol Darla Dimple isn’t what she seems. Filled with innocent humour, supreme colouring, and stunning musical numbers, Cats Don’t Dance unfortunately premiered at the same time as Hercules, forever making it an underappreciated movie.
Unfortunately, this is the fullscreen version. The widescreen version is out of print and hard to find.
Holy cow!! It’s the whole movie! Guys, watch it if you haven’t! Or bookmark it at least!
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I LOVE THIS MOVIE GFACGFHGVHBNEM